Shavano Park, Texas– The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has been especially challenging for older adults and their loved ones living in senior housing communities. Thanks to recent changes in state restrictions related to senior living, the stage is now set for heartfelt family reunions in communities like Shavano Park.
“Our residents have made tremendous sacrifices since mid-March, when the state put strict measures in place to prevent the spread of the virus,” said Alfred Chavarria, executive director of The Etta. “We’re now in the midst of seeing them reunite with family and friends in a safe way.”
The Etta received approval last Friday, August 28, to move forward with visitations. State guidelines allow residents to safely visit with family and friends. They include:
- Visits must be scheduled in advance and by appointment only.
- Outdoor visits take place in designated areas in a comfortable and safe outdoor visiting area separated from residents.
- Indoor visits occur in a plexiglass booth where resident and visitor are separated.
- All visitors must be screened and maintain a six-foot distance from residents at all times. Physical contact between residents and visitors is prohibited. Masks are required throughout visit as well as staff supervision.
- Visitation areas must be sanitized between visits per CDC guidelines.
“With guidelines firmly in place, we were able to welcome our first visitors,” said Chavarria. “There’s nothing that can really prepare you for the range of emotions that come with witnessing such heartfelt family reunions.”
For more information about the Etta’s new visitation guidelines, or to obtain video or photos of recent resident/family reunions, contact Jeff Bell at 913-787-5512 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Etta at Shavano Park
Located in Shavano Park and tucked away in a wooded enclave, The Etta at Shavano Park offers a comforting lifestyle where you can fill your day with the things you enjoy. Play dominos, take a cooking class, or join a club. Share stories with friends on a group walk or at happy hour. Say goodbye to daily chores and home maintenance. Daily decisions at The Etta at Shavano Park are centered around what friends to meet up with and what activities to participate in. And we are here to help, around the clock. We call it Relaxed Living. www.theettaseniorliving.com
The Etta at Shavano Park is proudly managed by Aventine Senior Living.
See reunion videos from the Etta:
September 8, 2020
CONTACT: Jeff Bell, Bell Public Relations
email@example.com or 913-787-5512